Friday, May 13, 2016

Vegan Cosmetics Review: Shiro 6th Anniversary Sale

Geez, I should probably start a vegan makeup blog huh? Well, I couldn't pass up an opportunity to order from Shiro Cosmetics when they were having a 20% off 6 year anniversary sale. Their stuff is so pretty and fun. So this is what I got: 2 lipglosses in Baby Don't Hurt Me and a custom gloss in That's Chess! 2 eyeshadows in Huge Six-cess (free with $25 purchase) and Smells Like Victory. And one face powder highlight in White Chocolate Frog. Shiro also included 2 free samples: a powder highlight in Curaga and eyeshadow in Violence Solves Everything.



White Chocolate Frog has the cutest packaging. Inside the lid you get a surprise character card. I got Harry Potter!

White Chocolate Frog is a pearly highlight. I'm pretty tan so if I use this, it is very sparingly and with a fluffy brush to create diffused highlight on my face. Top is a heavy swatch and underneath lightly dusted and blended.

Smells Like Victory is a matte-ish brick red/orange with a slight gleam. Huge Six-cess is a beautiful muted teal with glorious sheen.

My beautiful glosses in 2 colors that also fall into my wannabe BIBA makeup colors. On the left is That's Chess! in moderate. I think it's a little more opaque than moderate but I don't mind. It's a beautiful rusty, sludgy reddish golden brown with a nice metallic sheen. If not for the metallic aspect, it's almost a dupe for Biba's Turkish lipstick. On the right is Baby Don't Hurt Me which is sooooo gorgeous. A plummy mauve which falls into the "bruised fruit" color category a la Biba. 

Both glosses swatched on my arm. Lovely.

As you can see here, my Shiro Cosmetics gloss collection is growing!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes you should!!

Beverlee said...

Those names crack me up!