Thursday, July 16, 2015

Healthy Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Sweet Treat & Tacos.


I was dying for a sweet treat but I've been so bad lately with all the refined sugar and white flour desserts I've been making. I wanted to try something healthier and I've been inspired by the Happy Pear boys on youtube. They've been making great desserts made out of whole foods. This was my attempt at a dark chocolate peanut butter cake thingy. I was thinking along the lines of a peanut butter cup. It has ground almonds and cashews, natural chunky peanut butter (no sugar added), pureed dates and maple syrup sandwiched between dark chocolate. My filling was a little too wet but I didn't mind after all. I froze the dish for a few hours and it was perfectly sweet and decadent. And it did taste like peanut butter cup!


Went out to get veggie tacos at Baja Fresh tonight. Order the veggie tacos baja style with no cheese!

1 comment:

vegan.in.brighton said...

I'm not one for healthy desserts but that does look ridiculously delicious, you can't really go wrong with PB & choc!