Friday, April 24, 2015

Lemon Blueberry Almond Essence Cake.


Super good lemon blueberry cake with almond essence. I had some quebec blueberries in the freezer and a lemon and a half. I thought, "Ok, I'll make Kittee's vanilla cake without the vanilla and use almond extract and add lemon and blueberries to it!" Except I couldn't find Kittee's recipe! I was flipping through my recipe binder for it and couldn't see it so I found a different recipe which was similar so I started building my ingredients that way. Halfway (after putting flour, sugar and baking soda/salt) into the bowl, I flipped back through my binder and found Kittee's recipe that was stuck to another page! So back to Kittee's recipe for the oil, lemon zest, liquid (almond milk/lemon juice) and extract. I noticed the differences between the two were that the former recipe used a teaspoon more of baking soda and Kittee's used more sugar and oil (yes!). Once I swirled in the little blueberries, in to the oven it went. What came out was this very well risen, soft, tender, not too sweet, light cake with a touch of lemon and delicious almond flavor. I was so happy with it. And to just make it more amazing, I put some vegan Coco Whip on top. So good with tea!


No comments: