Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Super Healthy Kale Salad and Mushroom Masala Curry.


Made a delicious kale salad tonight with tahini dill-chive dressing. Scrumptious! It has kale, arugula, carrots, red onion, red bell pepper, toasted walnuts and dried cranberries!


First I massage my kale with a tiny bit of olive oil, salt and lemon juice. This will make the kale leaves tender. Then I added all the other veg and tossed with the following dressing. I let it chill for about 15-20 minutes. The flavors are amazing and the kale leaves softened just enough.

Tahini dressing:
1/3 cup tahini
1/2 lemon, juiced
2-3 tablespoons water
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp dried dill
pinch of cayenne
fresh chopped chives
salt and pepper
Whisk all ingredients until smooth. Add more water if too thick.


Great curry with mushrooms and peas. I love curries. They really are the very best kind of comfort food. I had an idea today that L.A. needs a veggie friendly curry house. Wouldn't that be wonderful? And not just indian curries, but curries from all over.


No comments: