Sunday, February 8, 2015

Carrot Cake, Bean Dip, Not-So-Dirty Rice and More Carrot Cake!


Last week on Tuesday it was National Carrot Cake Day. I had no idea it existed but my friend posted about it on Facebook. I liked the idea of that and it's been ages since I've made a carrot cake. I must have a long long time ago pre-vegan. So it was time to make a vegan one.


That day I got home from work and used what I had at home. I used Kittee's Vanilla Cake recipe and just added 1 1/2 cups of shredded carrot and some cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and ginger. Shop bought frosting, some chopped nuts and a few Halloween sprinkles later, I had a carrot cake!


This was so moist and delicious! I'm not too crazy about shop bought frosting so I made a mental note to make a cream cheese based icing next time.


Bean dip we had today. I can eat this everyday it's so good with crispy tortilla chips.


This is Bryant Terry's "Not So Dirty" rice recipe from Vegan Soul Kitchen. It's really tasty. I made a big pot of it so I can take it to work for lunches this week. I used Tofurky sausages in it instead of seitan and tempeh.


Carrot cake fever again. This time in cupcake form. I used a different recipe today from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World along with cream cheese frosting. I accidentally added extra flour so I had to compensate by adding more liquid but it still turned out good.

3 comments:

Vic Robinson said...

Crap! I need that carrot cake! I love carrot cake and have not had it in a long time! NEED!

http://haymarket8.blogspot.com

kmouse said...

That's how I felt Vic! Do it!

Unknown said...

Carrot Cake!! It’s amazing!! This cake is really looking yummy. Amazing fact is that ginger is added in ingredients. I am gonna try these recipes today in evening. Share some online cooking recipes here for me. I use to make different recipes at home but this is something unique.