Saturday, May 24, 2014

"Get Well Soon, Paul!" cupcakes and other weekend foods.


So the love of my life, Paul McCartney got ill the day after he arrived in Japan a little over a week ago. He was so ill that he canceled the entire asian leg of his tour. You can imagine how worried I've been! We need you to be well Macca! I forget that he is almost 72 years old. He is normally so bouncy and energetic that I can't fathom him ever being sick. And Paul hardly ever cancels shows so to hear that five shows were canceled was pretty alarming. I made some vanilla cupcakes today with chocolate icing to wish Paul a speedy recovery. So far his people have said that he is definitely recovering. I hope he gets lots of rest. I'm seeing him at Dodger Stadium this August so I am very excited.


I used kittee's moist vanilla cake recipe and a chocolate icing recipe from The Complete Vegan Kitchen cookbook. I used Ghirardelli chocolate in my icing. Yummy.


Keeping the McCartney theme, this is Mary McCartney's pan fried cheese, tomato and onion sandwich. I used Daiya vegan cheese for gooey meltiness.


Crockpot pinto beans from scratch. Just a bit of onion, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper and liquid smoke for seasoning.


Tostada with pico de gallo, avocado and hot sauce. So delicious!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Paul feels better soon. I love his voice in the song 'Hope of Deliverance'. My favourite Beatle is George Harrison though. :)

Please, please continue posting about cakes. It's hard to find eggless cakes and sometimes I need the motivation to actually make them myself!

kmouse said...

Ok! Cakes and more cakes! :) I tend to always make the same one so I think I should start getting more adventurous in my baking.