Sunday, March 16, 2014

Saturday Taco Lunch, Stir-Fry and Carrot-Nut Muffins.

Had a delicious lunch with my mom and her best friend yesterday. Mom helped make this delicious spread of food. Tacos with sauteed tofu, veggie ground, fresh salsa and guacamole and potato salad. The tomato salad was fresh from Gelson's.




Stir fry using Tofurky sausages flavored with vegetarian stir fry sauce (kinda like oyster sauce) and sweet chili sauce.


Ok, so this was my attempt at making a raw vegan carrot cake with carrots, dates and nuts. All I can say is...FAIL.


So I transformed it into a cooked carrot cake. I just dumped 1 cup of carrot/nut mixture into kittee's vanilla cake recipe (halfing the cake recipe). I saved the rest of the raw cake mixture in the freezer for future use.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

All of those look yummy. You're such an awesome cook! You should start a recipe book, and then open a restaurant. Lucy and I would go and eat there.

susan said...

I just saw fully raw Christina's carrot cake with those ingredients. Glad I didn't waste my time or money.
Yeah for Kittee's recipe coming to the rescue!

mytaste said...

Hi Kim,

We have just sent you a message through Why did I choose to be Vegan regarding our project.

We MyTaste.com one of the biggest recipe search engine in United States and in the world, would like to invite your blog to be featured on our site and make your recipes available to many people.

If you like it, you can join through this link

www.mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog

This is one way to share your recipes to the world and it can also help you to increase your blog traffic.

Full information has been sent to your Why did I choose to be Vegan?.

Have a good day!

Kind regards,