Sunday, November 17, 2013

Vegetable soup, Hummus avocado and chili jam sandwich, Granola bars.


I want to eat more veggies. Coming from a vegan, that sounds kind of funny. I feel like I've been eating way too many carbs lately. Toast, bagels, pasta, crackers have been my snacks of choice a lot. I made this soup because it has lots of veggies: cauliflower, spinach, tomatoes, carrots, onions, celery, zucchini, green beans and cabbage as well as kidney beans. It's so delicious. Always comes out great every time I make it. To flavor it right, I add veggie broth powder (homemade) and a touch of Marmite. Mmm...


I finally found a good chili jam that I could use for this sandwich recipe I found in Mary McCartney's cookbook. It's Braswell's Jalapeno Pepper Jelly that I found in the kosher section of Albertsons supermarket. It's so good! This sandwich was amazing. The hummus was homemade with chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt and a little water. That's it. I hate store bought hummus that add all kinds of other stuff like cumin, ugh!


Another Mary McCartney recipe for Granola Bars To Go. Mine came out a little burnt but still good.

1 comment:

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

I know what you mean about not eating enough veggies, I have weeks where I live off carbs! Your soup looks great so does that sandwich, yum.

I love avocado but they're so hit & miss here. You have to buy it, keep it a few days then open it at exactly the right moment or it will either be rock hard or brown and mushy! Can't win. :)