Saturday, July 2, 2011

Potato Kibbe (Potato & Bulgur Pie)



Got this delicious recipe from a fantastic cookbook, "Classic Vegetarian Cooking From The Middle East and North Africa". It's a mashed potato and bulgur dish with a layer of sauteed onions and almonds in the middle layer. I think mine could have been crisper and browner on the top but I was so impatient to eat that I have burnt roof of mouth as result!


Served with a lemon garlic sauce (vegan mayo, lemon juice, garlic, salt, parsley).

5 comments:

maya said...

Sauted onions and almonds sounds amazing.

AikoVenus said...

That all looks and sounds so delicious! And I have all of those things in my cupboards too..hm...:)

AikoVenus said...

That all looks and sounds so delicious! And I have all of those things in my cupboards too..hm...:)

Bethany said...

Kim, looks fantastic, as usual!! Glad to see you back :)

Dream It Up Cookies said...

Love potato kibbeh, My grandmother in Lebanon taught me the one I make. It's like what you made but the filling is sauteed onions, walnuts, golden raisins, and pomegranate molasses.