Thursday, November 4, 2010

VeganMoFo: Tofutti Cheese Quesadilla, Cilantro Basil Pesto Spaghetti




A quick quesadilla I made this morning with Tofutti American style vegan cheese. If I had a superior vegan cheese like Daiya or Follow Your Heart, I would have used those because they melt much better. But this did just fine for my breakfast.


1 bunch of cilantro + a handful of fresh basil + slivered almonds + garlic + olive oil + lemon juice makes a great pesto. I tossed it with thin spaghetti and added a smattering of olives. Very quick, easy and tasty weeknight pasta dinner.

9 comments:

Jackie Smith said...

That pesto is a gorgeous green color!

Vic Robinson said...

Looks great! Is the tofutti cheese any good?

vegan.in.brighton said...

I just had breakfast but I would totally eat either of those right now!

Anonymous said...

The spaghetti looks delicious! I've yet to try cilantro in pesto, must give it a go.

kmouse said...

Vic,
It's good but not as good as Daiya or FYH cheese. I like to use Tofutti slices in sandwiches.

MeloMeals said...

I love cilantro in pesto!

Jen Treehugger said...

Those quesadillas look great! And yummy cilantro pesto.

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Looks good and now I want a quesadilla!

miss v said...

i was just thinking about how to make a rockin' quesadilla today... can't wait to try this recipe!