Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Dips.


I made a couple dips to enjoy with my folks today on Father's Day. There's nothing like a beautiful weekend with sunny breezy weather, dips, chips and beer! This one is a refried bean dip with guacamole, fresh tomato, vegenaise mixed with lime juice and chili powder and sliced jalapenos.


Edamame hummus though we can't really call this hummus can we, since we're not using chickpeas? Well it's made similarly with edamame, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, ground cumin and coriander. It's a gorgeous green color and went very well with fresh carrots and celery.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I bought the Greek Vegetarian cookbook after reading your blog and made my first dish from it-- egplant with onions and tomatoes baked in the oven. OMG. Very good--thanks for suggesting it as a cookbook.

kmouse said...

karen,
Nice! I still want to cook more from that book. I think summer time is the perfect time for Mediterranean food!

Amey said...

Yum! That edamame hummus is such a beautiful color!!