Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pot Pie, Tea Sandwiches and Gardein Buffalo Wings


This is an adaptation of Vegan Dad's pot pie. I didn't use seitan but used chickpeas instead. I had a spelt crust in the freezer that I wanted to use and for the top crust, I used an oil based recipe which I cut into pumpkin shapes. I added a few things to the sauce/filling, namely 1 tsp. white miso, 1/2 tsp. vegemite and 1/4 tsp. dried thyme.




The other day I bought a package of Gardein buffalo wings to try out. I had them with cucumber sandwiches and salad. To be honest, I wasn't crazy about them on their own. The texture was good but the taste was kind of weird. I think they would be better in a sandwich with other things.

5 comments:

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

your tea sandwiches are too pretty. too bad the gardein wasn't great... i am still in search of the perfect vegan wings.

Carrie said...

Would you believe I've never had a pot pie? I love the idea of adding chickpeas to the filling!

celyn said...

I have tried the Gardein flavored products and don't much like the taste. The texture is good! If you buy the ones that are only "lightly seasoned", they taste a bit better. I wish they would sell them unseasoned.

Hayley said...

I tried the Gardein wings too and wasn't too crazy about them either. But their chick'n breast stuffed with Daiya cheese is sooo good. If you can find those you definitely need to buy 'em.

Oraphan said...

Your pot pie looks awesome! I love the pumpkin shapes top crust, so adorable! I've never made pot pie before, maybe I should give it a try with chickpeas, thanks for the link to the recipe:)

Your cucumber sandwiches also looks great! What else did you put in your sandwich other than cucumber?