Saturday, December 19, 2009

Food rundown.


Thursday night's dinner: macaroni with esme's special sauce (delicious!) with steamed carrots and kale. Haven't made this sauce in so long and so glad I thought of it. Husband approved!


Saturday's lunch: romaine salad with red cabbage, cucumber, homemade croutons and tahini dill dressing,


Saturday's dessert: parsnip-carrot cake with a mess of a cream "cheese" glaze (didn't set up at all!) Got the recipe for this cake in a bargain book I found at Borders called 'The Ultimate Book of Vegan Cooking'. I had problems with the batter because the recipe didn't call for enough liquid so I had to add some in increments. Good thing the cake turned out. It was wonderfully spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg and very moist but the frosting recipe was a disaster. It didn't ruin the taste so I was happy enough.


Saturday's dinner: glorious quesadilla with Daiya cheese, roasted red peppers and caramelized onions. This is a vegan copycat of Giada's Italian quesadilla recipe. Amaaaazing.

9 comments:

Miss Kitchen Witch said...

Those quesadillas look tasty. That is really the only way I miss cheese at all. I had daiya at Z pizza, but have yet to pick some up at whole foods. It looks like quesadillas are def the reason to do so, thanks for the inspiration!

Glue and Glitter said...

Daiya! I finally got some and can't wait to use it!!

Vic Robinson said...

That cake looks great. I even like the look of the frosting running down the side!

Sarah said...

as usual it all looks good but the cake looks extra awesome!

Tami said...

It's been too long since I've had esme's special sauce, too. Everything looks great, but I love that quesadilla shot.

Mike K said...

The quesadillas look awesome, and Esme's sauce recipe looks really tasty. Nice salad too - I'm missing my fresh greens this winter, and it looks fantastic!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

So awesome! Looks goooood.

Oraphan said...

All your food looks fantastic, it makes me feel hungry!

p.s. I bought that book from the border too, I've never tried any recipe but it's good to know that you had problem with this cake!

marspaialways3 said...

yummo