Friday, September 25, 2009

Sandwich Sandwichy Sandwich...


I was in the mood for a sandwich today but realized I had nothing to put in one! So I flipped open 'Vegan Planet' and turned to my favorite faux tuna salad recipe. It's really good and easy to make with mashed chickpeas, almonds (I used cashews today), nori flakes, celery, scallion, vegan mayo, dijon mustard and sweet relish (my addition!). On toasted multigrain bread smeared with buttery Earth Balance margarine, fresh green leaf and juicy tomato, I was in sandwich heaven.

7 comments:

Rose said...

looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

That looks like the perfect sandwich, right down to the line of crumbs where it was cut! I adore chickpea salads! :) -Eve

Oraphan said...

Wow! Your sandwich looks so good. I should make this for lunch to eat at work tomorrow, thanks for such a great idea! :)

Oraphan said...

I LOVE your new profile photo, just noticed it, you look so beautiful. Did you take this photo by yourself again?

I Am Gluten Free said...

Yum yummy yum. I make something similar on home-baked gluten free bread. Add some chips and a pickle and I'm in heaven!

Vic Robinson said...

NIce! I use a cut pickle in mine. I need to make it again and post my version of the recipe! too good. yum!

Indu said...

oh wow!! your right about sandwich heaven!!

Im drooling all over your blog as well!