Monday, September 28, 2009

Miso Vegetable Soup with Glass Noodles


Been having some tummy issues since Sunday. This morning I thought I was recovered but started feeling a wee bit nauseated in the late afternoon at work. I imagined having a comforting soup like this when I got home. I boiled some water, added a bunch of different veggies: broccoli, celery, carrots, scallion, tomato and zucchini, mushroom soy sauce, fresh ginger and miso paste. I also added bean thread noodles (aka glass noodles, mung bean noodles or cellophane noodles) to the soup for slurping. It was the perfect thing. My stomach felt better instantly!

I found a cooking video online for Thai mung bean noodle salad that is so cute, made by a mother and daughter. Reminds me of me and my mom! :) You can easily veganize this recipe by replacing shrimp with tofu, chicken broth with veg broth and soy sauce for fish sauce!

1 comment:

Oraphan said...

YUM! I love glass noodles! Your soup looks so good and comforting!
Glad you felt better. :)