Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thai Karee Curry and a Frozen Banana Treat.


What to do with fresh asparagus, red bell peppers, zucchini, potatoes and tofu? Make a thai curry. I fall back on curry all the time when I have lots of vegetables to use up. I made a thai curry today using coconut milk and karee curry paste. It's super spicy and perfect with some white jasmine rice. I might turn this into a soup later in the week by adding water and lime juice.


To cool down from the furious heat of the curry I had this delightful treat for dessert. It's frozen banana chunks (that I froze last night in little ziploc bags) topped with warm unsalted peanut butter, a sprinkle of chocolate chips and a drizzle of agave syrup. Really really good.

2 comments:

veggievixen said...

i love making curry! it's one of those dishes you can throw together no matter what kind of produce you have. mmm, i love frozen bananas! some are waiting for me to make a smoothie in my freezer right now!

Glue and Glitter said...

Goodness gracious, that banana dessert is genius!