Saturday, July 18, 2009

Simple Lunch and Moroccan Tagine Dinner



I wanted to eat my lunch on our backyard patio today. I kept it simple with freshly made hummus, cucumber salad, Trader Joe's spinach pizza and pita for dipping. It was perfect.


I enjoyed it all with Reed's Cherry Ginger Brew.




Dinner was a little more complicated only because I did a lot of chopping. I based this stew off of the Vegetable Tagine recipe from 'Classic Vegetarian Recipes from The Middle East and N. Africa' cookbook. It has loads of things in it: sweet potato, carrots, onions, garlic, tomatoes, yellow pepper, eggplant, zucchini, chickpeas, black and green olives, cilantro, cumin, cinnamon and a bit of tomato sauce and water for some sauciness. This tagine requires you to bake it covered in the oven for about an hour and a half. I served it with healthy brown rice because I didn't have any couscous. Delicious! The flavors melded so well.


Very satisfying stew.

3 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

All looks delicious. I'm especially drawn to that Pizza though.......

Kamaile said...

Oh yum, I could eat that lunch everyday, and the dinner too!

Mike K said...

I love making tagine, and the pizza looks delicious too - the outdoor photos are beautiful!