Monday, June 8, 2009

Pantry List (again).

I like lists so I don't mind doing this every now and again. Here's what I've got in my pantry. I seriously have to stop going to the market every other day for stuff when I can make perfectly good meals out of what I already have. I hope to cook with these items and I will try to keep purchased ingredients to a minimum.

-jasmine and basmati white rice
-sushi rice
-corn pasta
-white pasta
-quinoa
-bulgur
-millet
-pearled barley
-oats
-TVP (textured vegetable protein)
-whole wheat flour/all purpose flour
-masa
-split red lentils
-green lentils
-yellow split peas
-black olives
-roasted red peppers
-tomato sauce/tomato paste/canned diced and stewed tomatoes
-1 can split pea soup
-1 can pinto beans
-2 cans kidney beans
-5 cans chickpeas
-2 cans blackeyed peas
-dry aduki beans
-dry red salvadorean beans
-dry black beans
-miso paste (red and white)
-3-4 cans coconut milk
-various thai curry pastes
-frozen corn
-frozen green beans
-frozen lima beans
-frozen peas
-russet potatoes
-onions/garlic
-pita bread
-corn tortillas
-flour tortillas
-taco shells

Hopefully I'll get inspiration from my cookbooks...




I've got a few non veg cookbooks as well. Good for getting ideas and I'm not averse to veganizing recipes that require animal products!

10 comments:

Lotte said...

Sigh, I've got more than that in my pantry - and yet I still spend way too much money on groceries...

Sound like you can make some really nice meals from what you've got, though.

Jen Treehugger said...

I'm a list fanatic. There is something definitely calming about making lists!I have to stop buying things too as there is ample enough food in my pantry. At least it's all things with long shelf lives so I know they'll all get used up.

Mary said...

We are contemplating moving, and that has really made me notice how much stuff is in my cupboards, especially my grains and beans cupboard. I need to get some self-control and use up that food before it gets stale!

Don't you just love cookbooks? When I get a new one I have to skim it cover to cover so I know what I want to make. But I've been trying not to buy so many of those lately, too. Some people love shoes. I love cookbooks.

GF Gidget said...

I just discovered your blog and am in LOVE with your recipes (especially the burger recipes)! I am hosting a 100th post giveaway so check it out! I will definitely be back to your blog!

Oraphan said...

Thanks for doing this pantry list again. It's a very good reminder for me to stop buying especially I'm not gonna be home for 6 weeks. I should use up what I have in my pantry and my fridge. I just found out after I read your blog that I have too many bags of frozen corn and green beans in my freezer! I love cookbooks too, let's have a cookbook party soon!!!

veggievixen said...

my cookbook shelf looks similar. must stop buying cookbooks!!!

awesome pantry list. i feel like things get pushed to the back and then i buy new things...it's a regular occurance. best of luck cleaning it out with some great eats!

aTxVegn said...

I would say you are very well stocked. I've been trying to limit my grocery trips to weekends only, with weekday visits only for fresh produce. I can't even see everything in my pantry and a list of my stuff would probably save me some money!

Mike K said...

It's fun to peek at someone else's cookbook shelf - thanks! I saw a few books I share, and Olive Trees and Honey is on my shopping list. I like the list idea too.

Anonymous said...

Ah you've got a great cookbook collection. i have the vegetarian slow cooker book as well. I think you could prob make a ton of stuff in that book just by using what you have in your pantry/freezer!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

I get inspiration from non vegan books too!

I wish I had such a well stocked pantry. I'm horrible at that. My pantry never really has more than I need. My fridge is a different story though.