Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy Anniversary to us! (Detox Week 3, Day 17)

I have to apologize that today's post is a picture-less one. I didn't eat a whole lot during the day (granola for breakfast, soup and salad for lunch) because I wanted to have room for our special dinner. Today is our 5 year wedding anniversary and we celebrated by dining at Real Food Daily in Hollywood. It was absolutely perfect. I think I may have eaten more than I should. I was starving by the time we arrived there for dinner that I over-ordered, hehe! But you know what, the food is fresh, organic, vegan and undoubtedly healthy AND it is our special day so I'm not going to beat myself up about it. We started out with a plate of edamame for our starter. Simple and very good. I also ordered a cup of their soup of the day which was butternut squash bisque. Really yummy. It was smooth, creamy and slightly sweet. For my main meal I ordered the "Ciao Bella" sandwich which has portabella mushroom, onions, red peppers, lettuce, tomato and pesto spread on hemp bread. This was delicious. The pesto was nice and garlicky, the portabello very meaty and succulent and the yeast free whole grain hemp bread was surprisingly good. I will definitely order that again and maybe add some avocado next time. My husband had the Club sandwich which I was so jealous of. It had thick cuts of seitan, tempeh bacon, lettuce, tomato and vegenaise on sourdough bread. He says it's the best club in L.A. I must try that at another time. For dessert (I really couldn't help myself!), we shared the coconut rice pudding. It was the perfect end to the meal. Creamy, coconutty, and sweet with raisins and maple syrup. I can't wait to go back!

5 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

Happy Anniversary!
Good to hear you both spoilt yourselves - it sounds wonderful.
:)

Sarah said...

Aww Happy Anniversary!!!

megan said...

You're a true inspiration! I really enjoy your blog and your food looks so good and healthy! Thanks for sharing.

Dani said...

happy anniversary!!!

aTxVegn said...

Happy Anniversary! It's great you got to enjoy a special dinner out.